Recently I've switched to using IntelliJ IDEA for all my work.. including my Java work for Wowza. It works great I must say. The one area that was struggling with was integrating the documentation into my wowza global library. It's not that it was difficult but that the wowza documentation online was all pdf. After some looking around I finally found wowza hosted online documentation. So here is the proces of adding a global library for wowza with online or offline documentation enabled.
#1. Open your project settings
As of today I have updated the NetConnectionSmart library to include full support for all the flash protocols. This includes rtmp,rtmpt,rtmpe,rtmpte,rtmps, and rtmfp.
Up until today rtmfp was left out to fend for itself. Now it's possible to use the NetConnectionSmart capabilities with rtmfp like auto reconnect.
NetStreamSmart plays well with this also which is a great feather as well in it's proverbial hat.
Check them out here for more info:
I've been using HipChat with a client for some time now and really like it. The initial application was an Air application which worked ok.. but they have recently released a Mac native version. What's cooler even still.. this version made it out before a native Windows client. Gotta love that.
Here is the link to check it out and grab it.
Spent another 30 min trying to figure this out.. thought I'd just get it written somewhere.
This site is where you can grab the binary versions of Eclipse. These are the bare bones of what you need to get Eclipse running. From there you can add onto it. Much cleaner if you ask me.
Incidentally.. I'm starting to look harder at intellij and see where that brings me.
Wow.. been a rough few weeks.. 11.2 was causing some serious issues with the Buffer Events for publishing streams not working.. and I was fighting with why AEC had stopped working.
After MUCH code teardown and debugging.. it turns out that if you set the bufferTime property on the netstream you're playing on to 0.1 then AEC fails. Like so:
ns_other_guy = new NetStream();
ns_other_guy.bufferTime = 0.1;
As soon as you publish your stream and start playing the incoming on.. AEC doesn't work. Setting the value to anything other than 0 causes issues.
I had searched around on the net for easy solutions to do this.. and to be frank.. didn't find anything super helpful that wasn't overly complex. So here is an easy way to do it. My system is an Ubuntu 10.04.3 but should be similar to many other systems.
1. Install gitolite (apt-get install gitolite). This is a good reference:
2. Edit your gitosis conf file to disable access to your current git repositories
I just spent the better part of a day trying to get this working. I was forwarding 443 (HTTPS) from ELB to 443 (HTTPS) that Nginx was listening on.
Everything was working fine except when we tried to do jquery ajax POSTs. The browser would get back a 502 (Bad Gateway) error every time.
We even tried to just have Nginx listen on 80 (HTTP) but the same problem occurred. So our solution.. was to just use TCP forwards for 443 and it started working. Seems ELB messes with the data flowing over it.
I recently setup an Nginx box to proxy http request to a Wowza http module. When going through nginx the request and response took a long time. I was thinking I just had a slow server but when going directly to Wowza the calls were quick.
So after a bit of thrashing around the internet.. I read some nginx docs.. the secret?
That slowed down my whole request/response stuff. They did mention that when using Comet that this option should be turned off.. well for other http requests that are asynchronous it's a good idea to turn it off as well.
I've been learning haproxy as of late and I must say.. so far it's awesome. I use it to front my nginx servers and now I've gotten it to work in front of my Wowza boxes as well. Yes it handles RTMP and RTMPT nicely thus far.
I looked around for some time for a good script to manage my haproxy service but wasn't able to find one that just "worked". I did find one that I modified to suit my needs.. so here you are. I included a link back to the location where I found the initial script as well.
# Script to start|stop|restart haproxy from /etc/init.d/
This made me chuckle a little. http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/905/cpsid_90508.html
Seems Mac users, like myself, will be experiencing issues with Lion for a while. That list of affected products seems fairly long and the problems many.
I think my biggest issue lies with the flash player settings popup window.. very frustrating to have to tab into it and normal users will just think it's because the flash player is junk.
Here's to hoping they resolve things soon.